We're Back, Baby: Here's everything new at Givebutter, your one-stop-shop for fundraising
From the very beginning of Givebutter–now almost two and a half years ago–we dreamed of building the ultimate one-stop-shop for fundraising.
Despite this dream, the reality was that for a long time, Givebutter's features limited it to being essentially just another crowdfunding website. And while we still did bring a lot of innovation to an industry that had hardly changed in ten years, it wasn't the kind of 10x improvement you typically look for in a world-changing startup.
That's why six months ago, we sat down to evaluate where we were at and where we wanted to go. Our first topic of discussion: we weren't the only ones who wanted to shape the world into a better place - all 10,000+ of our current users did, too.
And just like that, we got our first kernel of an idea that would inform all of our design decisions moving forward: Givebutter helps people shape the world into a better place.
But the new look is only the beginning.
We noticed early on that many people were using the site for all sorts of things it wasn't originally intended for: collecting dues, selling tickets, using campaign links as a replacement for the donate button on a website, running large scale events with multiple fundraisers... and slowly but surely we began to uncover major areas for innovation and improvement. With that in mind, we are very excited to release the biggest update in Givebutter history to help our users achieve all of this and more.
Three new products that cover all of your fundraising needs:
1. Collect - a simple form for collecting donations, dues, and other payments
- Important features: Accept Venmo + all major cards, transparent fees, automatic receipts, embeddable widget (coming soon), recurring donations (coming soon)
- Pricing: 1% platform fee + 2.9% & 30¢ payment processing fee
- Choose Collect if you are looking for a simple way for people to donate to your cause, without any frills (i.e. a Donate Button, dues collection)
2. Fundraise - social crowdfunding pages for individual and team fundraising
- Includes all features in Collect
- Important features: Trackable links, team fundraising, custom donations, likes, comments (coming soon), goal, timeline, story
- Pricing: 2% platform fee + 2.9% & 30¢ payment processing fee
- Choose Fundraise if you want to incorporate social fundraising elements such as a supporter feed with optional additions like a fundraising goal, end date, story, team members, and more
3. Events (Tentative launch date: Oct. 1) - sell tickets and register attendees on top of a fundraising campaign
- Includes all features in Collect and Fundraise
- Important features: Unlimited ticket types, paid tickets, free tickets, custom quantities, optional donations
- Pricing: 39¢ per paid ticket + Fundraise fees
- Choose Events if your campaign revolves around an actual event. You'll be able to add event details and sell paid & free tickets on top of a fundraising campaign
As you may have noticed, we also lowered and simplified our fees considerably. We did this for one reason and one reason alone: to help you raise more money for your cause.
The average fee to fundraisers is still less than 0.5%, since over 90% of donors choose to cover the fees for a given transaction. Learn more.
We also completely rebuilt and redesigned Givebutter's dashboard to start living up to its potential of being your all-in-one donor, member and fundraiser management platform (CRM).
We also launched some awesome new resources, such as this blog!
- Changemakers - Stories from Givebutter users that inspire us every day
- Good News - Uplifting news from around the world
- Butter Blog - Our latest insights on giving butter, fresh outta the oven
- Help Center - How-to’s, FAQ’s, and best practices for making the most of Givebutter
- Givebutter Store - Shop Givebutter swag - shipping is free!
Lastly, introducing: Givebutter for Nonprofits 💛
Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofits using Givebutter can now receive exclusive benefits at no additional cost, such as personalized fundraising support, nonprofit verification, custom tax receipts, and chapter fundraising - which is already being rolled out by one of the largest national student organizations in the country across their 350 chapters this fall.
If you are a registered nonprofit and would like to take advantage of these free added benefits, please head here and fill out the form to claim your account. Someone from our team will follow up with you shortly after to validate your information and help you get set up. If you're already a user on Givebutter and would like to upgrade your account to nonprofit status, please send us an email or click the chat bubble in the bottom right corner to send a message.
That's all, for now!
Send us a message with your favorite update to Givebutter and we'll send you back some free stickers :)